Thursday, June 07, 2012

Crazy.

What's crazy is how little control we can have over how we live our lives.

My dad's principal cut off our health insurance illegally. We need it.

My mom has fybromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy, and arthritis. My dad has rheumatoid arthritis and high blood pressure. I have epilepsy. We all suffer from anxiety, however for my dad it's pretty extreme; he has OCD. My mom and I suffer from depression and eating disorders. She compulsively over-eats and I restrict.

We need doctors. Which costs money. Our insurance was very good and covered a lot of things very well. Now that we're, in a sense, stuck without it, my mom wasn't sure if she was going to be able to get the surgery she needs for her knee and I am not sure I I'll be able to finish my intensive outpatient program for my eating disorder. Everything costs money, and a lot of it.

We're trying to get it reinstated and my dad's union is working hard for that. We even had to pay for another form of our insurance for one month til we're sure that we have it back. Which is quite expensive.



All of this crap is crazy. And overwhelming and scary.

1 comment:

  1. That's really awful, Melissa. Health insurance is such a tricky business. And costly. And NECESSARY. I'm sorry your family is going through this. The conditions you listed are definitely in need of med insurance, but even perfectly healthy people need it. So you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. I hope it gets sorted. Sending positive vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete