Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Warrior.

I consider myself to be a recovery warrior because recovery is a daily battle. I'm a fighter; I'm strong because I've gone through battles in the past and I've made it through. Even if I regress or have a relapse or a lapse of judgement again and again. I've made it through every time. It's how I got to be where I am right now. I'm stronger because of every fall. I know more about myself because of them. Through every fear, fake smile, fake laughter, stupid relationship, dysfunctional relationship, bad habit, maladaptive behavior, broken heart, change, positive experience, treatment program, hospital stay, cry, breakdown. Through EVERYTHING. it has all shaped me to who I am right now, today. This minute. This second. And I've just decided that I'm proud of every fall. You know why? Because each time, I learned how to get back up and I did. I always do, no matter how hard.

I argue. I get pissed. Angry. I get uncomfortable. Feel shitty. I yell. I scream. Have my weak moments, days, months... I have lapses of faith in myself. But every single time, I come out a stronger person.

And it feels damn good. That's what makes me a warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment