Saturday, June 09, 2012

Sincere.

When we get support from others, especially those who understand what we're going through, it's important to be sincere.

Frequently, on twitter (you can find me at @jadorelissa if you have one), I get so much support and am supportive to girls who get what I'm going through and vice versa. It's truly beautiful. We're sincere to each other in that we are honest to each other in the process and truly mean what we say. We care about each other. And I'm sincerely grateful that these girls have come into my life.

So what does "sincere" really mean?

This is how the dictionary describes it:



sin·cere/sinˈsi(ə)r/
Adjective:
Free from pretense or deceit; proceeding from genuine feelings.
(of a person) Saying what they genuinely feel or believe; not dishonest or hypocritical.


But I'm not going to put it up in some holding cell, that it has to mean that. I think a word can have different meanings to each person, through their experiences and because of the different way people lead their own lives. When I first read the word "sincere" for this challenge, I found myself drawing a blank. I use "sincerely" in sentences a lot, but what does it mean to be sincere? Singling out the word was a bit scary. I believe that it has a good, positive meaning. Honesty. Genuineness. Truth. Believing in something (or someone.) That is what I think of when I see or use the word "sincere."

1 comment: